Apple has announced pricing information for the iPad on their website. The iPad will be available in 16GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB and have a WiFi model and a WiFi and 3G model.
iPad pricing details:
- iPad 16 GB with WiFi: $499, with 3G: $629
- iPad 32 GB with WiFi: $599, with 3G: $729
- iPad 64 GB with WiFi: $699, with 3G: $829
You can see iPad specs here.
Drawbacks and Limitations
1. No Camera : You are talking about the “next generation personal computer” without a camera?
2. No Multi-Tasking : Your tablet device can’t run two apps at the same time? Can’t I listen to music while browsing the web? Are you crazy?
3. No VoIP service : You are talking about 3G service compatibility, but why didn’t you mention that it can carry only data? No iPhone apps such as Skype can run on this device where you can talk to your friends online.
4. No USB Slots : How do you expect users to transfer data without USB port, external CD drive, etc? And yes, your dock connector is useless (in comparasion to USB ports)
5. No Flash Compatibility : Apple, you really need to grow up! Like iPhone, you also left this device incompatible with Flash which means no flash games can be played or no websites with flash contents can’t be accessed on iPad. Great!!
6. Unprotected Screen : Can you give me a reason, please? May be the Apple guys forgot to provide a screen guard to protect the 9.7″ screen where this drawback might lead to scratches and running applications by hitting the thumb on the icons accidentally.